Put the power of touch in your app. Build apps for Lenovo’s multi-touch YOGA Home PC, supporting 10 fingers at once.
Move over, swipe and drag. Lenovo is bringing multi-user & multi-touch (10 finger-touch!) tech to your desktop. Get your hands on a whole new platform for building interactive touchscreen apps.
What’s Multi-User, Multi-Touch?
Multi-user, multi-touch (MUMT) technology enables multiple users to interact on one platform using 10-finger touch and hand gestures. Recognizing MUMT’s potential to transform how users interact with their devices, Lenovo recently introduced the YOGA Home series of tabletop PCs. With their unique Aura interface, these PCs allow multiple people to use the same device simultaneously, giving them the power of natural hand gesture and manipulation to make group social, educational, and entertainment experiences on the desktop seamless and fun.
Using the Windows 8 or Windows 10 SDKs, you can now build MUMT applications for the YOGA Home PC. Recognizing up to 10 simultaneous points of contact directly on a screen or touchpad, Aura allows users to perform an array of actions with their fingers, including swipes, pinch-and-zoom, and rotations. Optimized for Windows 8 and 10, the YOGA Home PC screen adjusts from 10 to 90 degrees, and its table mode brings users together around a single screen so they can simultaneously play games, view video content, listen to music, watch movies, and more.
What can you build with MUMT?
Get past the pointer finger. With MUMT, you can let people use their whole hand (or both!) to experience a more natural, intuitive touchscreen interface. Create collaborative computing scenarios with entertainment value by letting users enjoy media and education resources together. And, with Microsoft’s new Windows Universal App Platform, you can build apps that work across multiple devices.
Use the MUMT technology available through Windows 8 or Windows 10 SDKs to build a new Windows Desktop or Windows Universal App Platform (UAP) app for Lenovo YOGA Home PCs, or update your existing app to include MUMT features. Grasp the possibilities of MUMT to win $25,000 in cash prizes, YOGA devices, and promotion of your app on the Lenovo platform.
This hackathon is open to:
- Individuals (who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry)
- Teams of eligible individuals
- Organizations (up to 50 employees)
Employees of the Lenovo, Devpost, and contractors currently under contract work for Lenovo or Devpost are not eligible.
Software partners and those receiving funding or assistance from Lenovo for application development are not eligible. Any application that is or was funded or compensated, partially or fully, by Lenovo for its development is not eligible for entry.
Use the multi-user or multi-touch (MUMT) technology of Windows 8 or Windows 10 SDKs to build a new Windows Desktop or Windows Universal App Platform (UAP) app for Lenovo YOGA Home PCs, or update your existing app to include MUMT features.
Per Lenovo’s Security Criteria, submitted applications should not:
- Include any malware or spyware
- Facilitate the spread of malware; additionally the submitter's website cannot be or have been engaged in the distribution of malware
- Install any non-core products not disclosed to the user
- Deceptively warn the user that uninstalling the application will have any adverse effect
Additional Requirements for Windows Desktop Apps:
- Windows Desktop apps must be provided at no charge for the testing and judging periods via an uploaded EXE file included on your submission form.
Additional Requirements for Windows Universal App Platform (UAP) Apps:
- UAP apps must be submitted to the Microsoft Store prior to the Submission Deadline (they do not need to be publicly available). Find out how to get your FREE Microsoft Store Developer Account here.
- UAP apps must be provided at no charge for the testing and judging periods via a DeepLink from the Microsoft Store to be on your submission form.
Submit the following assets:
- A demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo.
- Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing an EXE file (for Windows Desktop Apps), or a Microsoft Store DeepLink (for UAP apps).
How to enter
- Download the Windows 8 or Windows 10 SDKs
- Build your multi-touch or multi-user Desktop or UAP application and test it using the Virtual Studio Community tool – here’s a tutorial!
- Shoot your demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- If you’ve built a UAP App, submit your app to the Microsoft Store to obtain your DeepLink.
- Create a Lenovo Dev account and register your app via the App Content Submission form on Lenovo Dev.
- Provide Devpost access to your app for judging and testing by providing an EXE file (for Windows Desktop Apps), or a Microsoft Store DeepLink (if a UAP app). Find out how to get your FREE Microsoft Store Developer Account here.
- Submit your application on MultiTouch.Devpost.com for consideration in the hackathon!
Director of Business Development, Lenovo Software
Senior Design Staff Member, Lenovo
Lu A. Lu
Manager-Consumer App Development, Lenovo Desktop Product Development
Director, Lenovo Desktop Product Development
Senior Manager, Software Development, Lenovo
Product Manager, Open Labs
OEM Relationship Manager, Cyberlink
VP of Business Development, Cyberlink
Managing Director, Mobius Venture Capital and Foundry Group
Quality of Idea
Includes creativity, originality, and “wow” factor of the idea.
Implementation of MUMT
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which the Multi-User, Multi-Touch, or Multi-Session functionalities of the Aura Interface were utilized.
Includes the user experience and design of the application.