about 4 years ago
There are three weeks left in the Lenovo Multi-Touch Multi-Hack! Beat the deadline rush by getting your submission ready early. Submissions are due June 14 before 5pm ET. Find out what time that is in your city.
Never submitted a project on Devpost before? Take a look at our step-by-step video guide on how to use the hackathon submission form.
One of our judges, Matt Presley of music creation platform Open Labs in Austin, had these tips for testing your app:
- Create thorough test documentation that includes step-by-step usage testing details of each function of your app.
- Use outside testers whenever possible. Test your app with your target users – not yourself.
And here are a couple of UX design tips from Karen Kluttz, Lenovo's creative director for software user experience & design:
- Performance is as important as usability.
- Let the user concentrate on the task; don’t distract with decoration or unnecessary animation.
- Use platform-specific controls whenever possible — a new kind of dropdown is not the focal point of your app.
- Finger size varies; give your touch controls wiggle room.
- The best UX ideas solve a user’s pain point.
And . . . drumroll . . . we also made this nifty demo video that walks you through the sign-up process for a LenovoDev account.