over 7 years ago
Awesome news: our partners at Microsoft are giving free developer accounts to all registrants of the Multi-Touch Multi-Hack.
If you’re planning to submit a Universal App Platform app, you are required to submit your app to the Windows Store before the submission deadline. To do this, you’ll need a Microsoft Developer Account.
For those of you building Windows desktop apps, you are not required to submit your app to the Windows Store; however, if you’d like to, you are also eligible for a free Microsoft Developer Account.
To get your free account, start by requesting your token code here.
Then, register to publish on the Windows Store by following these steps:
A. If you don’t already have a Microsoft Account, go here to create one.
- Enter your email address and a password.
- You’ll receive a verification email to confirm.
- Once you confirm, you have an account!
B. Once you’ve set up your Microsoft Account, or if you already have an acccount, go to https://developer.microsoft.com/programs/join to register your developer account.
- Click “sign up” to get started
- Fill out your personal information
Note – Only select a Business type account if you are able to verify that your company is actively registered and recognized in your State/Country
- On the payment screen, enter your Windows Dev Center token code (that’s the one we sent you) to get your free developer account.
You’ll get a confirmation screen once your code is accepted and you will no longer be prompted for any payment information.